ENRICHING, UNIQUE AND AWESOME EXPERIENCES IN BARCELONA
Since the establishment in 2003 of Venamicasa, the experience acquired over the years has led us to realize those activities that all students and teachers who visit Spain want to know. A selection of authentic cultural treasures some very popular, but most of them are genuine and different allowing the students to enjoy themselves while learning and reflect the daily life and customs that only the natives know.
Cultural activities and workshops Venamicasa offers are a selection of the best and most representative and genuine in the city of Barcelona.
|Gothic Quarter and visit the Cathedral||The great gothic buildings which market the high point of the city and its culture diring the Middle Ages are here, around the stunning Cathedral are remains of fortifications and extraordinary palaces|
|La Rambla||Which runs from Plaça Catalunya to the Port, has been the heart of the city down through the centuries and today continues to be the most typical, popular and cosmopolitan of the city's streets.|
|Sant Josep or Boqueria Market||Wrought iron building which houses one of the most popular and traditional of the city's food markets|
|Walking in the city: Gaudi Route||From the Paseo de Gracia to the harbor walking in a straight line are located the master works of Modernism of the most genuine Architect Antonio Gaudi.|
|Casa Mila o La Pedrera||Considered to be Modernism at its best with its impressive façade of ondulating stone and wrought-iron balconies.|
|Casa Batlló||Mosaic and ceramic tiled façade representing a party comparable to Carnival.|
|Casa de les Punxes||Modernist style with medieval overtones, rich use of brick work.|
|Casa Vicens||Gaudí designed it as a summer house with a clear oriental influence. Façade tiles with beautiful colours.|
|Park Güell||This is the Gaudi's largest work in Barcelona. It is an area which main aim was to become a british style "garden-city"|
|Sagrada Familia||The construction of this unic Temple built under the concept of a temple of atonement, began in 1882 and Gaudi worked on the project over 40 years until his death in 1926|
|Port Vell||Find the largest and most complete medieval dock-yards in the world. Splendid view from the Moll de la Fusta reaching Maremagnum, shopping and leisure complex.|
|Museums||Maritime, Catalan History Museum, Picasso, Ceramic, Antoni Tapies, Joan Miro, MNAC, Archaeological, FCBarcelona Museums.|
|Teleferic de Montjuïc||From the castle there are fantastic views over Barcelona.|
|Swalow boats "Golondrinas"||Typical boats on which one can go around the Port and comtemplate the Traiding Harbour, the Port Vell and the Marina.|
|Santa Maria del Mar||Jewel of Catalan Gothic and not to be missed.|
|Iluminated fountains "Magic Fountains"||Water and coloured lights are combined in 50 different formations.|
|FCBarcelona Stadium "Camp Nou"||A unique meeting with the centenary legend of the FC Barcelona. The history of the Club in this Museum, it is the most visited in Catalonia.|
|The Music Palace||Significant and one of the most unusual Art Nouveau building in the world. An impresive combination of brick, stone, ceramics and glass.|
|La Vanguardia||A visito to the production facilities of the newspaper with the largest circulation in Catalonia.|
|Museu del diseny de Barcelona||Works to promote better understanding and good use of the design world, acting as a museum, and laboratory.Museum collections: produc design, fashion, decorative, textil and graphic arts.|
EDUCATIVE VISITS & WORKSHOPS IN BARCELONA
- Trencadís Mosaic Workshop. The students learn the art of trencadís mosaic devised by Antoni Gaudí and enjoy the experience learning to handle tools, choosing their own design and colours creating their first work in trencadís, a place mat, a mirror, a photo frame. The “Gaudí Experience” is an unforgettable , special and unique reminder of Gaudí’s Barcelona that the students themselves take home.
- Poble Espanyol. Open air museum of Spanish vernacular architecture on Monjuïc, with replicas of traditional streets, squares and buildings from all over Spain.
- IMAX-3D. Visitors can enjoy the most spectacular cinema on a 27 metre high screen.
- Thematic Visits. We organize visits to institutions, factories, businesses, schools and universities, and other relevant places for groups regarding to their training and knowledge of these places in Spain.
- Chocolate Museum. History of chocolate, from its arrival in Europe in the 16th century and its relationship with Barcelona.
- Modernism Museum. 350 works by 42 of the most important artis of the Catalan Modernisme movement.
- Caixa Forum. Multipurpose Cultural Center, a work of art of industrial Modernism.
- Montjuïc Castle. Permanent exhibition telling the story of Monjuïc and its castle.
- Centre de Cultura Contemporania de Barcelona. Audiovisual installation and activities. Is one of the most visited exhibition and arts centres in the city of Barcelona, Spain.
- Cosmo Caixa. Barcelona Science Museum.
- MIBA. Museum of ideas and inventions. A complete educational and interactive program to inspire and awaken children’s curiosity.
- Museu Blau. History of life and its evolution in our planet, from its origins to the present day.
- MUHBA Santa Caterina. This exhibition traces the development of the area from prehistoric times to the present day.
- Museu de Badalona. Underground remains of the Roman baths and the Decumanus Maximus.
- Botanical Gardens. Are located on a gentle slope in Montjuïc Park and offer a different walk for every season of the year, through the vegetation from the five regions of the world with a Mediterranean climate.
- Sport and Olympic Museum. Experience sport and the Olympic spirit.
- Hospital Sant Pau. The Europe’s largest Art Nouveau Site. Is one of the outstanding landmarks of Barcelona’s heritage and culture. Conceived by its architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner as a city within the city, a hospital made up of widely-spaced pavilions, well ventilated and oriented amid gardens to help the sick get better sooner. World Heritage Site by UNESCO. History of one of Europe’s oldest hospital institutions. Collection of documentary materials that bear witness to the evolution of medicine.
- Visit to educative centers : Schools, High Schools and the University of Barcelona.
- Guided visits to the Airport and Port of Barcelona.
- Tapas Workshop. Expert chefs take the students on a tour of the iconic Boqueria Market to choose the freshest produce which the students will use to make some delicious tapas. During the workshop, the students learn the techiques and tricks which will help them make tapas, also they will make a traditional dessert of home-made curds and honey. At the end of the workshop, there’s only one thing left to do: taste and enjoy the tapas meal!!